What is Final Expense Insurance?
The most basic purpose of final expense insurance is to financially protect your loved ones.
Final Expense Life Insurance, or burial insurance, can provide an immediate relief to your family at your time of death.
- If you are married odds are you have spent a long time together and you want to make sure your spouse is not in a financial hardship during a very emotional time.
- If you still have dependants relying on you Final Expense insurance can provide some replacement income at your time of passing.
- It could be used to pay down or pay off any outstanding debts. Such as credit cards, loans or medical bills.
- Or you could use it to create a legacy to the next generation. Such as college funding or a simple gift to a loved one.
Costs to consider.
There are many factors that go into deciding how much coverage you need to cover your final expenses. These costs will change over time, which is why it is vital to keep up with your plan and make changes over time. Bill will be happy to go over these costs with you.
Just a handful of the costs to consider are:
- Casket or Urn
- Burial plot or Vault
- Headstone or Marker
- Service location and decorations
- Procession costs
- Embalming or Cremation
You can select various coverage amounts from as low as $2,500 to $30,000 of course the more coverage the higher your premiums will be.
The other determining factor to your plan is what your health status is at your time of enrollment. There are several types.
- If you are the picture of health you may very well be able to get a plan that would provide immediate day one coverage!
- If your health is not the best you may have to have a graded or waiting period before your plan will pay in full.
- Or worst case scenario if you have had a recent major health event or are just very ill you may require a Guaranteed Issue policy.
Many of these services will be handled by the funeral home that you or a loved one select in your time of final need. By having your plans in place you can assure that an emotional time is less stressful for your loved ones.
This will allow them to grieve instead of worrying about where the money will come from to take care of you and their future.
If you would like a complimentary consultation to review your current plan or to create a plan please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.